Facebook & Twitter
How to Create a Facebook Business Page & Link it to Twitter
The benefit of using Facebook for your business is the potential reach you have when Facebook users share content from your Business Page or Business Account with their friends. The strength of a friend’s endorsement by clicking “Like” on one of your entries, comments, products, etc. can help your business to get more exposure and grow. The “items” that people “Like” on your Business Page, will show up on your friend’s wall. All of your friend’s friends will see the Wall post, might get interested, and click on it to find out more. Plus, Facebook offers an easy to use platform to stay in constant communication with all the people that become friends of your Business Page.
To create a Business Page, log into your personal facebook account at www.facebook.com, then click on “Account”, select “Help Center”, scroll down to the section “Ads and Business Solutions” and click on “Pages for Businesses”.
Creating a Facebook Business Account
If you don’t have a personal facebook account you may create a business account. Go to www.facebook.com and create a Facebook Ad at http://www.facebook.com/ads/create/or Facebook Page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php. Once you’ve entered in the required information, you will be taken to the “Facebook Login” page and asked if you have a Facebook account. At this point select “I do not have a Facebook account.” You will then need to enter your email address and date of birth to create your business account. Business accounts are designed for individuals who only want to use Facebook to administer Pages and ad campaigns. For this reason, business accounts do not have the same functionality as personal accounts. Business accounts have limited access to information. As an administrator of a business account you will not be able to view the profiles of users on your site or other content on the site that does not live on the Pages you administer. In addition, business accounts cannot be found in search and cannot send or receive friend requests.
Setting up Your Facebook Business Page
- Log into your facebook account at www.facebook.com
- Click on “Ads and Pages” in the left column of the screen or click on “Account”, select “Help Center”, scroll down to the section “Ads and Business Solutions” and click on “Pages for Businesses”.
- Select a “category” for your page.
- Click on the category and select your type of business.
- Fill out your business details such as business name, address, and phone number. Click on “Agree to Terms”.
- On the next page you can:
- upload your business logo or photo representing your business
- send your current facebook friends a message about your new page
- import customer/subscriber contact data to inform them about your Facebook page
- post your latest “status” – any interesting news, announcements, special offers, new products on your wall
- create a “LIKE” plugin that can be embedded into your website (you can specify the appearance of your plug-in such as size, color scheme, include profile picture, show profile stream – your news posts in a scrollable field); simply click on “Get Code” and copy and paste the iframe code into an email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org so I can add the link to your website
Additional Facebook Features You May Want to Use
Facebook offers six different types of dialogs to publish information provided by your users (see http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/dialogs/). Without requiring your users to log into your application or grant any special permission, you can prompt users to publish notes & comments about certain topics. If a user chooses to publish, their post will appear on the user’s profile page and may appear on the News Feeds of the user’s friends, this way adding additional exposure to your business page.
Like buttons let your users easily share interesting content from your page or website back to Facebook. When a visitor clicks on “Like” the post/story appear s on the visitors’ Wall and their friends’ News Feeds, again adding additional exposure to your business page and posts.
Requests are a great way for visitors to your page, to invite their friends to check it out. Requests integrate with Facebook notifications and dashboards. The request will show on the friends’ facebook when they are logged in. Visitors to your page can also use requests to notify a friend to take a specific action on your page such as entering a contest, printing a coupon, accepting a gift, etc.
Linking Facebook Pages to Twitter
When managing a Facebook Business Page, you will be able share Page updates with your Twitter followers, and you also will be able to control what type of updates to share: status updates, links, photos, notes, events or all of them. If you have multiple Pages, you will have the option to link each of those Pages to different Twitter accounts. To link a Business Page to Twitter go to http://www.facebook.com/twitter/ and follow the instructions. This feature offers an efficient and easy way for you to publish news about your business, products, and services on both networks.
Hope you enjoyed this month’s tip by MediaFocusDesigns.com!